Custom Search

Monday, April 14, 2008

How To Cook A Great Steak!

Let me be the first to admit that I'm not a chef, nor have I ever been to any credited schools of cooking. I do however, watch a lot of food channels and read up on tips for grilling and cooking etc. I have a sincere appreciation for great tasting food and my tips for how to cook a great steak were mostly learned by trial and error. If you crave a flavorful great tasting steak, my tips will really help you achieve that. First off you really need to pick out a quality piece of steak. I have best luck with ribeye, sirloins, tenderloins. My recipes were all cooked using beef, but don't be afraid to try these tips with any other cuts. You'll want find a cut that has good marbling throughout.

Before you begin the cooking process make sure that your meat is at room temperature. Going right from the fridge to the grill or oven "shocks" your meat and can ruin the flavor and tenderness. I like to marinade my steaks in a plain soy sauce, evenly coating both sides by turning after about a half hour on each side. Soy sauce brings out the flavor of the beef and gives it a melt-in-your mouth texture. You don't need to marinade a super long time either, half hour on each side is plentiful. Right before cooking, season with your favorite on hand seasoning. If your grilling cook on med-low heat for about 7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steak and how well done you prefer it.

Obviously the longer you keep it cooking the more done it will be. You can always do the "feel" test by tapping the soft part of your hand with the tenderness of the meat. (if your steak feels like the soft spot between your thumb and forefinger than your steak is approximately medium done.) Never ever make the mistake of cutting into your steak before your done cooking. Also, remember to allow your steak to "rest" for about five minutes after cooking. this allows the juices to transfer throughout the whole steak and keep the tenderness. If you prefer to cook in the oven, a great way to still have the tenderness and flavor is to seer both sides of your steak in an oven safe pan for about two minutes on each side. This actually locks in the flavor and seasonings of your steak. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and cook for about ten minutes depending on thickness.

Once again, don't be afraid to mix it up a little and try your own things. maybe saute' some onions or mushrooms for toppings, the possibilities really are endless!! If you would like some more great tips and links to some great products than click on my link!

My name is T. Taggart and I have been blessed to work from home. Anyone can do it, if you think that this might interest you click on my webpage and check out my links. Thanks!
http://cashgirl78.blogspot.com

No comments: